Root Canal Treatment
While root canals have been given a bad reputation in the past, modern techniques will actually relieve the pain you are already experiencing from an infected tooth. Drs. Steven and Randy will ensure that you are fully comfortable and relaxed before removing the infection and restoring the tooth. Call 801-763-7737 and schedule your appointment with our dentists at Elite Dental if you are experiencing tooth pain or would like to learn more about root canals in American Fork, Utah.
Our root canal procedure gives you long-term benefits that will improve your oral health, self-esteem, and quality of life. When a diseased tooth is neglected for long enough, it will reach a point where it can no longer be salvaged. The outcome of this neglect results in a tooth extraction. You can stop this from happening by taking advantage of this procedure and save your natural tooth. You will also be pain free again, which is something no one should have to endure when there are effective treatments available.
Root Canal Procedure
The root canal treatments we perform are a highly effective way to salvage a diseased tooth. The procedure itself involves removing the infected pulp from the canal of your tooth. We then clean, fill and seal it so that further infection and damage can be prevented. This procedure can take multiple appointments depending on the tooth we are treating, where it is located in your mouth, and how severe the condition of your tooth is. We may also use a crown instead of a filling if that is a more effective way to protect your tooth. You can expect some mild discomfort for a few days after your root canal, but this is normal and you will soon be enjoying all of your favorite foods again.
Here is why we recommend root canal treatments for our qualified patients:
- Stops Infection From Spreading – A root canal stops the spread of infection. This is accomplished when we remove all of the bacteria affecting your tooth. Once it is completely removed, there is nothing left to cause more damage or infection. It also prevents bacteria from spreading to other teeth and causing a ripple effect of oral health problems.
- Prevents Pain And Swelling – When you have a tooth abscess, it can cause you a lot of pain and swelling. Many patients we see haven’t been able to chew without pain or enjoy the foods they like the most. You can be fee of pain and discomfort for good.
- Preserves Your Jawbone – A root canal also prevents degeneration of your jawbone. When your tooth is preserved, your jawbone will naturally stay intact. That is why a root canal is the preferred treatment to a tooth extraction, where you would have to undergo more extensive implant work in order to preserve your jawbone. Your jawbone affects your facial structure and any changes will be noticeable.
- Enhances Your Smile – After your tooth has been restored using a crown or filling, your smile will look healthy and attractive again. The way your teeth look has a major effect on your overall appearance and confidence. We use this procedure, and many others, to give this back to you.
- Painless Procedure – Despite what you may have heard or made assumptions about, this procedure is virtually pain free. With the modern advances we have in dental technology, a root canal involves slight discomfort following the procedure. When we are performing a root canal, we numb the area so you don’t feel a thing. Any soreness you may feel following your root canal will only last a few days, and is nothing compared to the pain you were enduring before you had it fixed.
- Cost-Effective – Root Canals are also more cost-effective in the long run. Although a tooth extraction costs less than a root canal, you will end up paying much more in the future. This is because once a tooth is fully removed, you will need ongoing dental work like dentures, bridges, and implants to restore your teeth. Of course, there are always several factors when it comes to deciding your best treatment options. We will only recommend a root canal if it is the most effective way to restore your oral health.
We believe that maintaining your natural teeth as much as possible is always the best choice, but we also know there are factors to consider before making a decision. To determine if a root canal treatment is right for you, a thorough examination will take place, followed by a detailed dental plan specifically designed for your needs.
To find out if you are a good candidate for a root canal procedure, call our office to schedule an appointment. Our highly skilled staff can diagnose and treat any dental infection you may have. If you have been living with tooth pain for some time, or you have just begun to notice it, we can treat it. We want you to be able to eat the foods you enjoy, smile knowing your teeth look their best, and feel confident knowing your teeth are healthy.
Learn More About Our
Elite Dental Loyalty Program
Elite Dental is a general dental practice that provides a full range of dental services, allowing us to make minimal referrals to specialists. Contact us today to learn how you can join our loyalty program and schedule your appointment with our dentists!
- Routine Cleanings (2 per benefit year)
- X-rays (2 per benefit year)
- Examinations (2 per benefit year)
- 30% Off All Other Dental Services Provided in Our Office